- ½ cup swiig Dried Sweet Potato
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 packet (2 ¼ tsps) Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tsps Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Neutral Oil, plus a little extra
- ¾ cup Water
- 4 cups Water
- 2 tbsps Sugar
For Water Bath:
For Grain & Seed Topping (optional):
Nutrition (per serving)
- Heat Yeast & Sugar to 105-115°. Sprinkle Yeast on top, let sit 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Flour, Salt & Dried Sweet Potato in a large bowl.
- Stir in Yeast/Water mixture & Neutral Oil to form a wet, shaggy dough ball. Gently knead on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes to incorporate.
- Rinse out your bowl, then lightly coat with Neutral Oil. Add dough & turn to coat. Cover tightly. Let rise for 1 hour in a warm spot, or until doubled in size.
- Turn out dough onto floured surface & gently press dough into a disc. Divide into 6 equal portions & shape each into a ball. Set aside; cover with a clean towel & let rise again for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the water bath by combining the Water & Sugar in a large pot & bring to a simmer. Optional: prepare Grain & Seed topping by combining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Once bagels have risen, use your fingers to create a hole in each center, using flour if necessary.
- Carefully add bagels (no more than 3 at a time) to simmering water bath & cook for 2 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- When finished, using a slotted spatula to remove & let excess water drip off, place bagels on a parchment lined baking sheet. Optional: sprinkle Grain & Seed topping over tops.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.