1) Line a metal baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
2) Mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl -- Your flour, oats, baking powder, whey protein and cacao.
3) Add in your wet ingredients -- Almond butter, honey, egg, almond milk and softened butter. Stir until the mixture forms a wet dough.
4) Stir in your mini chocolate chips, if adding.
5) Stick your mixing bowl with the cookie dough into the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees while the dough is chilling.
6) Once chilled, start to roll your cookie dough into 1.5-inch balls, and place them on the prepared cookie sheet. Cookies should be spaced about 2-3 inches apart.
7) Bake cookies for 9 minutes. Once removed from oven, let rest for 1 minute on the cookie sheet, and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Note: *Recipe doubles easily if you want a higher yield*
Recipe by Sierra Dorschutz, a Graphic Designer for Simple Again, an Artist, and a Part-Time Mad Food Scientist.