Flax is valued for its nutritional sources of fiber, lignans, and fatty acids. Lignans are compounds converted into biologically active phytoestrogens by bacteria that normally reside in the human intestine. Evidence points to reduced cancerous growth, especially in breast and prostate regions. It also contains linolenic acid, a healthy fatty acid essential for humans that is difficult to come across in common diets.
- High content of linolenic acids-Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rich in lignan- a type of phytoestrogen (antioxidant)
- Good source of fiber
- Relieves pain and inflammation
- Strengthens immunity
- Cleans the heart and arteries
- Lowers cholesterol and blood pressure
Add flax oil and/or seeds to your favorite salad, soup and smoothies or get a serving in our SQWARE MEALS.
Leave a comment: