Posted on August 15 2022
Acai (ah-sigh-EE) Berries
These deep purple superfruits abundant in antioxidants, (more than cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, or blueberries) are harvested from acai palm trees in the rainforests of South America. Known for fighting free-radicals, Acai berries contain the antioxidant anthocyanin, which has been shown to lower oxidative stress and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Heart-healthy fat & fiber
- Antioxidant Anthocyanin
- Anti-inflammatory polyphenolic compounds
- 19 amino acids
- Vitamins A and C
- Anthocyanins support brain health and memory.
- Fiber and healthy fats help control cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Acai contains properties linked to the prevention of cancer cell growth.
- Plant sterols in acai may relax blood vessels lowering blood pressure.
- Acai berries’ high fiber may reduce appetite and lead to weight loss.
Enjoy acai frozen or powdered in smoothies and shakes or incorporated into healthy snacks.
You can also get a healthy dose in a Super Berry Acai Bar.
Add acai to your smoothies with swiig Acai powder!
Try this delicious swiig at Home recipe for Berry Acai Blast Smoothie